Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekGirlHere

Solid State Member
Running Exchange 2003

Sharing a calendar

Anyone know how I can get the 'calendar' folder to show up in the personal folder list in the navigation window so that i can share it out?

It's driving me nuts.

Thanks!

How do I share my calendar?
In Outlook, your calendar is a folder that stores information about your meetings, appointments, and so on. Sharing your calendar makes all this information visible to others that you select. Here's all you have to do to share:

You would view your calendar, and on the Navigation Pane, under the Calendar folder, you would click Share My Calendar.
Next you would add the name of the person you want to share with, and you would set permissions. Permission levels that you would be likely to use for calendar sharing include:
Reviewer—Can read calendar entries but cannot create, modify, or delete them.
Author—Can read or create calendar entries, and can modify or delete only entries that the author has created.
Editor—Can read, create, modify, or delete all calendar entries, whether or not the editor has created them.

How do I view a shared calendar?
When you're viewing your calendar, you'll see a link in that pane called Open a Shared Calendar. To open the shared calendar, you would click this link, click the Name button, and select or type the name for the person sharing with you. Right away, you'd see the name listed under Other Calendars.

Can I share my personal calendar?
You cannot share a calendar unless you are keeping it on the server. A calendar stored on your own computer, in a local PST file, can't be shared.

Great answer...... I think the problem is that I am trying to share out a calendar under 'personal folders'.

fyi - under 'mailbox - name', it will allow me to share out my calendar.

Someone else set this up for me. Is it typical to have 2 inbox's (mine are called 'personal folders' and 'mailbox - name'?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom