outlook 2002 wont send

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple

In Runtime
Hey guys,
i have microsoft outlook 2002 and i am trying to access my gmail account with it. i can succesfully receive mail in my inbox but i cannot send any mail from it. it gives me an error saying server timed out something. now i tried all methods (including google ) but i am not successful. any suggestions?
thanks in advance....c ya!!

Hello,

Are you sure you setup your email correctly. With checking all the boxes for authorization and making sure to go under the options and put SSL on both incomign and outgoing and changing their ports?

Did you check the GMail help pages?

Supported POP client list - Help Center

All your answers are right there provided by GMail.

Cheers,
Mak

like i said...i have already googled for everything and my settings match even their (google's) screenshots. still i am unable to send any mail.
p.s. just a reminder that i am able to receive mail in my inbox perfectly..
thanks...but any more suggestions plz....

Hello,

If port 465 doesn not work try port 487.

Cheers,
Mak

tried outlook port 487.....doesnt work as well.....how do i find out the problem?????? plz help....guys.....

Hello,

did you check to make sure you have SSL enabled? did you check to make sure the setting that says My outgoing mail requires ecnryption is checked? Have you double, triple and quadrouple checked the settings? If yes then contact your ISP.

There is nothing more we can do for you. You have to check your settings and make sure they match exactly with the GMail page. If they do not it will not work. You have to check your Firewall settings to make sure you allowed the app thru. there is nothing more we can do other than say uninstall Outlook 2002 and reinstall it again.

Cheers,
Mak

well...thats bad....but anyways thanks for all your help guys....
and ya i did double check the settings...they are exactly right...same as gmail settings page...
so i guess i'll have to look elsewhere...but thanks for your help....c ya!!!

Did you try the other two ports as i suggested earlier? Did you call your ISP to see if they block certain ports?

If you can receive mail and not send it, most of the time this is just a configuration issue. Your outgoing port that you have selected is probably being blocked OR your firewall is blocking the program.

Well Gmail only uses 465 and 487. So it would have to be blocked by one of those. that can be the only answer.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom