Outlook 2002 - "Operation Failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam1967

Beta member
I recently tried to install the 'notorious" Act program and do an email merge using Outlook 2002. The system froze and I had to manually shut down the computer.

When I later tried to use Outlook 2002 and clicked on Send/Receive I got a message which states precisely "Operation Failed" (That is exact message and I am making this point since it appears that Outlook has many similar error messages, all with their own fix, but there was nothing on the net related to this 2 word error).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002, either on its own, or did a complete reinstall of Office 2002. Still get same message.

I also did 2 or 3 System Restores and reinstalled but still get same message.

Spent some time with my ISP who say it appears that registry has been corrupted and Outlook is picking up a corrupted registry value. I thought that the Restore would have restored my registry to a previous and "good" time. Is that correct? Does System restore also restore the registry values?

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
John

No the System Restore doesnt fix all registry problems. As even though you restored you still could have a courruptes Registry. As you restore point could be after it got corrupted.

Try using CCleaner and see if that helps clean up the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom