Outlook 2000 and XMAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Cause: Outlook 200o does not support XMAPI

Resolution: Client is using XMAPI to prevent popup messages in Outlook 2003 that requests permission for the ImageRight Desktop to access to the address book. XMAPI allows the ImageRight Desktop to access advanced address book functions. Outlook 2000 does not have these advanced address book features so when XMAPI is enabled, the address book will not move email addresses over to the Desktop. When XMAPI is off, Outlook 2000 works with no issues.

any way i can get xmapi to work on outlook 2000?

a company specifc application uses word's mail merge feature. The mail merge does not work with office 2002 or 2003 and the vendor wont fix it.

I can relate. We have 1 machine that has to use 2000 for this same reason. Fortunatly, it's just one machine. Not more, so we have been able to move on to 2003. Hope they find a way around it for you.

well, i do have a workaround solution that i'm thinking about implementing. I'll prolly turn off the use of xmapi features for all. For my 2003 clients, who will get the allow program to access outlook prompt, I'll install a freeware called clickyes which auto clicks yes to the prompts. Dangerous? Somewhat. Meh, just about as dangerous as my 2000 clients not getting any prompts. In this instance, I'd rather make my users happy.

yea, I understand. Although, lately, I have been making users less than happy, but more secure. I for one just don't like having to run around to fix problems if I don't have to. hope that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom