Outlook '03 IE script error, never goes away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
Everytime I open up Outlook Express 2003, I get an Internet Explorer script error that reads:

An Error Has Occured on the Script on this Page
Line : 298
Char: 1
Error: Class not registered
Code : 0
URL: outlook.today

No matter if I say yes or no, it still pops up every single time.

I have Win XP SP2. It's annoying, anyone know how to fix it?

Oh, going into IE settings and disabling that script box doesn't work, for its disabled automatically.

While I'm on topic of annoying problems, does anyone else get Winfixer 2003 pop up that NEVER goes away, even on spyware scans? It's not just any pop up, if you close it it goes to another screen and even tries to DL it.

Any help on either would be appreciated, though Outlook one is more important, for I just use Firefox and the Winfixer doesn't pop up in there (yet).

Winfixer is spyware. Scan your system with adaware, spybot, microsoft and the post a hijack this log. Run the programs is safe mode and run hijack this in regular mode. Go to start, run type msconfig, startup and click disable all and reboot, open outlook and see if the mesage still appears

Yeah, I know Winfixer is spyware (obviously, lol). I Google'd it and many others have the same problem, but its a nasty one and no spyware remover gets it.

Thanks for your info, I will give them a try.
Oh, and disable all under which tab?

If your getting a Script error everytime your using Internet explorer resourses. That is because your missing a software driver for IE you cannot fix this once Internet explorer stops working your screwed. Internet Explorer is more than your web browser it is the program that is the force for delivering Windows.
You probley need Some Windows updated like the Malicious Software Removal tool, and about 45 security updates, but you can't get those because Internet explorer can only update windows. Download Microsoft Anti Spyware and run a full system scan, Download Spybot and install the updates and run it 3 tp 4 times, If you have Norton Systemworks, or any registry cleaner, those are what is probley to blame. If it keeps recurring even after you reload windows(which is what probley needs to be done) the northbridge chip on the motherboard is no good. Either or Internet Explorer needs to run efficiently and correct. If not It is pretty much telling you Windows is ****ed Up.

bmaletsky said:
Internet Explorer is more than your web browser it is the program that is the force for delivering Windows.

Wrong Internet Explorer is a web browser and explorer is the force behind windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom