OS X programs on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
My girlfriend has wanted a comp for ages but can't decide weather to buy a PC or a Mac. She really wants to use this program called Garage Band but she says the Windows version thats not made by the same people is horrible.

I've been googling around and i've since only found that i had to buy OS X then tamper with hard-drive images and mess with programs so i can run OS X on a PC. I'm thinking thats too annoying. But buying a Mac and sacraficing everything else like gaming, hardware i can upgrade etc for a program is a bit, you know.

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution or alteast some way of running Garageband on a PC.

Also i'm wondering if Garageband can be used without one of those MIDI Keyboard things i read about, like just using garageband on a PC keyboard.

Thanks.

Topics about running Mac OS on a pc always get locked/deleted here so I'm not going to get into that part of it.,
But you might consider this: the new Intel Macs can run Windows (using Boot Camp) just fine. You could just buy a mac with a good graphics option and then a copy of xp pro and have a dual boot system.

As jorsoft said there is a way to put OS X on a PC but it is very complicated. Even i havent got it working yet.

But every topic about it has disappeared sicne it is illegal. Only option is to either go with a MAc and dual boot or run 2 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom