OS wont boot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twendanewhite

Beta member
Just got this Mobo sold to me by a friend, he was previously using it.
Installed it, Installed CPU and then Memory; I connected Hard Drive and tried booting from it, it gives this message after POST was complete (you know when its searching for Boot Record).

It said : "Searching for Boot Record from Floppy.... Not Found"
I created a Boot Disk with all the necessary files but it just wont boot;

So I tried Booting from WinXP Setup CD, but it says the same thing:
"Searching for Boot Record from Floppy.... Not Found"

Whenever it says that, it then says
"Searching for Boot Record from IDE 0...... OK"

but then it just stays there and doesnt boot, just see the little cursor blinking.

I need some help, Any Ideas my fellow Techies?

That is because windows XP will not run if there are huge hardware changes and a mobo is important. It's best to use your XP recovery CD and see if it will adapt to the new hardware if not you may need a fresh re install....

Tyler1989 said:
That is because windows XP will not run if there are huge hardware changes and a mobo is important. It's best to use your XP recovery CD and see if it will adapt to the new hardware if not you may need a fresh re install....

I'm almost sure of this as XP will refuse to run when massive amounts of new hardware is installed or very important hard ware is installed such as a mobo.

Maybe, I'm actually kind of lost in this situation. My first guess is usually my best guess. I'm trying to think of other ways.

RARELY Windows will run when you make hardware changes, but you must exchange almost identical parts for this to work. 9/10ths of the time, you will need to reformat and start from scratch.

Looks like you are gonna have to do the second choice.

Yea, it was a Used mobo+CPU I bought from a friend. He had XP on it.
The thing is that, When its searching for Boot Record it says it can't find it on the CD nor the Boot Disk in the Floppy but finds it on the Hard Drive that already as XP on it then just doesnt go anything further with the boot process.

You might as well reformat if you can. Putting a new hdd with an old mobo will not work 100% of the time, but sometimes it will. those drivers dont match up with whats on your hdd so you are outa luck.

www.bootdisk.com

download windows 98 bootdisk and reformat fresh

I did that already, went to that website, download the boot disk and created it, but the computer just dont detect the boot record from the Floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom