which OS to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctic388

In Runtime
currently have win 98se and no experience using XP and going to build a new computer soon. question is what OS do i need ?

Win XP
Win XP Plus
Win XP Media Center
Win XP Pro

does Word come with these ?

i would need word and i want the ability to make some videos using photos and basic net stuff unfortunately with dial up right now but hope to remedy that soon after the build.

any suggestions would be helpful.

Windows Professional is preferably used in a network environment where you have more than one computer all connected with each other. (mostly used at the office)

example. you have 3 computers and play games togather, share files.

And then you have Windows XP Home. Which is really good if your only using it on one computer.

But these days....most ppl prefer Windows XP Professional because you can do more stuff with it later on once you understand and know how to use it.

Forget plus and media....they are outdated...

Windows XP Professional rocks!

Good for everything...

The Microsoft Office software does not come with Windows. It never has, you have to purchase that on your own. I don't get why most people assume that its part of Windows.

Just go with Home Edition or MCE, unless you want to set up a server and a domain and/or you need the encryption and security XP Pro offers.

beedubaya said:
The Microsoft Office software does not come with Windows. It never has, you have to purchase that on your own. I don't get why most people assume that its part of Windows.

Just go with Home Edition or MCE, unless you want to set up a server and a domain and/or you need the encryption and security XP Pro offers.

I beleive its because when the but a pc from say BB, etc it already has Office on it so they assume it comes with windows

Warez Monster said:
I beleive its because when the but a pc from say BB, etc it already has Office on it so they assume it comes with windows

Actually it comes with a 60 day trial of Office. They still have to purchase the real thing. Dell is the only company that actually includes it, and you do pay for it in the price of the computer.

the reason i asked about word is a friend just got a pc from a store and after the 60 days her trial ran out and she said word was going to cost $150.00.

i just wanted something to type up stuff. and honestly forgot that there are probably other "free" options out there. i will check into openoffice. thanks for the link.

the only reason i considered plus was it says it has more stuff for video editing and such. can anyone link me to a site that has the specs compared. i checked out microsoft but i couldnt find what i'm trying to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom