which os should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
i am currently using windows xp pro corp ed. but i also own 2000 pro corp ed. and xp home and windows xp pro 64x corp ed. which one should i use? i heard windows xp is a memory hog and 2000pro was probly the best but i am not sure why, and anyone know if 64x is good or not? i mostly play games and just surf the internet but i also like to download and alot of things and i am constantly running several apps at one time, i meet all the system requirments for all of these os,

I agree with XP Pro or at least wait till you get the 64-bit processor if you havent already for XP 64 (your sig). Windows 2000 Pro is a nice OS, however it is dated. Windows XP Pro with SP2 and all patches has really nice driver support and adequate security.

oh yeah, dont mind the sig, i forgot to change it, i tryed awhile ago and it wouldnt let me change it, ill do that, but i do have a 64 bit cpu

i've used 2k for years now and love it.
the odd time i've had xp on my system, but i've always gone back to 2k.

currently though (as of about 2 hours ago) i loaded back on x64.

though, righ tnow, it's givin' me a bullshit thing about some Data Execution Prevention about loading on Half Life 2...tickin' me right off.

but, other than that, it seems to be runnin' smoothly with the updates it got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom