OS selection screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
Hey,

I need to get my computer to load up the 2nd OS on the OS selection screen when booting up. I've seen this prblem b4 but i don't know how to fix it. so can someone please give us a few pointer on how to do it. thanx!

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

i have to choose the 2nd XP pro when its on the selection screen does that mean itsthe 2nd one there is that one? and then should i delete the first xp pro line?

run dual boot rather than dual os, meaning one partition is hidden when you are booting to the other one

Its not partitioned, i think whats happened is that, i chucked the hard drive into my good comp to get some stuff off it and it seems to have stored the setup of 2 OS in the boot.ini file. just a guess i dont really know. but that seems some what logical to me.

You can also go to the properties of My Computer then the Advanced tab and the Startup button and change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom