OS question!! help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbutt

Banned
what is the difference between the following? im getting new ocmp with AMD athlon, i think its goinna be a pretty good comp, so which OS would i need?
(plz dont say "blahblah is better, get that one" PLEASE add INFO on WHY blahblah is better)

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional X64 Edition

I suggest home if it is just a single user pc it has what you would need.

Pro would be for an office set up kind of deal

X64.. its new haven't tried it

Professional is for businesses that want many users through a network and higher security.

Home Edition is for the home user - just a couple users and less restrictions can be set

X64 is the 64-bit version which is a total waste at this point in time. Everything is still written in 32-bit which makes x64 slower most times.

well the PRO and the PRO x64 are the same price, this will be a gaming/graphics arts comp and it says it only works with AMD 64 bit processor which is hwat this is goinna have... any performance differences?
also one of my friend is running a PRO x64 and he says it wont let him install norton (yes yes i know norton sucks) so this gives the opinion that x64 has lieka built in security?
so is x64 pro safer?

eatbutt said:
well the PRO and the PRO x64 are the same price, this will be a gaming/graphics arts comp and it says it only works with AMD 64 bit processor which is hwat this is goinna have... any performance differences?
also one of my friend is running a PRO x64 and he says it wont let him install norton (yes yes i know norton sucks) so this gives the opinion that x64 has lieka built in security?
so is x64 pro safer?

x64 is 2-3 years from being stable. if you want to take advantage of the technology now, get linux

ok so imma get pro or pro 64, they cost the same, and if they are as "stable" (w/e the hell that means) as one another? or not? wouldnt it be better to get the 64 now so i wont hasve to upgrade in like... ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom