OS problems/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Okay guy i have a friend that asked if i would reinstall there OS on there Pc becasue over the time its gotten slow. Well the computer is a Gateway that came with windows ME...maybe 2 years they took it to some computer repair shop locally and the guy installed a pirated copy of Windows XP home Ed. Well im good at computers i mean building them and stuff i used to do awhile ago..Well my friend with this pc came to me the other day and asked if i would take a look at there pc . They said when they turned it on it would start to boot and show the windows XP loading screen then just restart over and over. I went down there house earlier and tryed starting it now it wont even boot it turns on for about5 seconds then just restarts no showing of the loading screen.

What should i do? download a copy of xp home and burn it as an ISO file so that it can boot from that and install? I asked them if they want to go and buy a copy or for me to install another copy of a pirated one. they asked if i can just use a pirated like the guy who did it in the begidding(sp)..How would i go about doing this when it wont even boot?

Sorry for the long story..
Any info needed just ask me
Thanks a bunch,Steve

when u instert a copy of windows into the cd drive, it will boot off of the cd. We cannot tell you to go pirate a copy of windows.

make sure you go into the Bios and make sure CD is above hard drive in the boot priority list. cause it should and if it doesnt try making a windows xp boot floppy and try that.

well theres two drives so what ever one the disc it in make sure its ontop...also how wouldi go about making a boot floppy? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom