OS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PH3RIDUS

Banned
Ok so i cant find OS Cd and was wondering if there is a way you re-partition
with out cd I have 32 bit XP.

Any suggestions as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you need to edit the partition to add a dual boot option or are you re-installing your system?
You can edit partitions using the disc management tool in XP right-click my computer and go to manage.

Yea i want to either write over or create new partition to run default on.

I just don't have the disc to re install window's
my computer is basically shutting off by itself and its just the screen my comp stays on

then when i restart it said windows had crucial error with system files
so i was going to re partition and as use as default so i will able to run a program without it shutting off for no reason.

(also when i i go to disk management i it will not let me create anything)

There are a couple of things you can do. You can call the manufacture of your computer and have them send you a disc so your can do a clean install. if you don't want to wait that long you can contact Microsoft and give them the windows key to see if they will provide you with a download link so you can burn the iso to a dvd. Alternatively you can upgrade to windows 7, first making sure that your system is compatible; Microsoft provides a lot of upgrade options from XP.

i have a error message that popped up this time

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 898CD020 BCP2 : 8AE24468 BCP3 : 8AD4EC50
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\NEPHER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf14.dir00\Mini091811-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\NEPHER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf14.dir00\sysdata.xm

would anyone have a idea?

Thanks

We need the actual STOP*** code and/or you could post the mini dump (not the location to the mini dump on your PC).

Mini091811 thats going to be mini dump code.

Also, upon looking for mini091811 code
i did find that everyone that has that problem
was getting a BSOD and well i never did get the blue screen
my monitor just goes into to stand by and only does it when
i am playing World Of Warcraft for about 15 min or so it will turn off.

For instance i played all weekend without any problems and on the Friday of the
weekend i had problems all day and then started again on Sunday.

This morning i saw that on my Norton i ran a diginostic run and it pulled up two problems

1. Internet Browser is out of date (i fixed it)
2. Some hard device isn't working properly.

on number 2 i went to the device manager to check it out and it was a Logitech Video Emulator that need update.
Upon update it wouldn't update because nothing was available. All in all i don't have anything that's logitech besides my
head phones and that has nothing to do with graphics or video. So should i safely remove it and see if that works?
Or do you guys think that would change anything about the problems i am facing?

(Help is much appreciated)

anyone?

The mini dump is not the Stop Code.

Read This to understand what we mean by Stop code.

That is just the date that the mini dump was created. 9/18/2011. You wont find any information on that as it is only telling you the date and the fact that it is a mini dump.

Okay Thanks for the info and i appreciate the link.

as i said before i can get the stop error because it's not throwing me
a stop error and i am not receiving a blue screen or anything of the such.
It only threw me the info one time in the 20 times that it happened so i posted
what i came across.

Last night it was able to pop up with my restore points and i restored
to the end of last month and seem's to work i only ask one more questions
and quit bothering everything with my retarded issue.

restoring to a previous state should fix the problem?

Well anyways thanks.

It has to be giving a Blue Screen if it is creating mini dumps. You probably just have your system setup to automatically restart after such errors occur. It is the default setting of Windows for that action and it requires user action to disable that. When a crash occurs the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) usually appears for only a second then the machine restarts. When it does that those mini dump files are created. If you wish to upload the contents of the C:\Windows\minidump folder to a site and give me the link I can take a look at the files to see if I can pinpoint the problem. As for your question, yes restoring can fix the issues, depending on what the cause was. The fix can also be temporary as well. As the problem could be something that reoccurs as well. Without analyzing the dump files there is no way to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom