OS Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
Recently i installed windows XP twice on my hard drive, of course one on two seperate partitions.
I deleted the contents of one partition, hence i was left with one single OS.
However when i boot up, i am given two options, how do i fix this.

MY second question is that i have got a USB wirelss keyboard and mouse, and during the boot up sequenc, the keyboard is unusable, i suppose the boot up does not load a USB driver or USB driver for the keyboard, can you tell me how to fix this .
Regards

1. open the boot.ini file in Notepad and delete the line with the OS that youre not using. if i had dual boot windows i'd show you how it's done but i don't. so be careful.

2. when you start the PC, press Del or whatever it is for your PC to enter the BIOS and look around for the option Enable USB Keyboard and Enable USB Mouse. almost all new BIOS's have that option. if not, check with the manufacturer to download latest BIOS version. when you find the choice, select On for both and it should work.

1. Go to Control Panel>System>Advanced (tab)....click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Click Edit under System Startup. That's the boot.ini file "subdivizion" was talking about. Remove the extra OS. Save the file.

2. What subdivizion said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom