OS not seeing Full amount of Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PH3RIDUS

Banned
Ok guys i have a small issue with My OS system.

I have Window's XP Pro and i just installed 8 new gig's of RAM
and i am up too 10gb of Corsair 1600mhz L.L ram
and when i go to properties to check to show how much ram i have
well it only says 3.15gb of RAM now i know why it doesnt show a complete 4 gigs due
to the OS using that lost amount but does anyone have a idea as to why it doesn't show
9 or 10 gigs like it should?

all suggestions are greatly appreciated and also wasn't very sure of where to post
since technically its not the hardware because i also did a ram finder check and it showed
10 gb of ram total in my comp but my software doesn't show correct value's.

Thanks.

Ok cool so i just need a 64-bit os then?
(does that really make that big of difference?)

and yes i am on a 32 bit system sorry for not mentioning that.

Ok cool so i just need a 64-bit os then?
(does that really make that big of difference?)

and yes i am on a 32 bit system sorry for not mentioning that.

Yes a 64bit OS is absolutely necessary. It's not physically possible for 32bit OS to address more than 4gb of ram. It's actually less than 4, which is why It only reports 3.25Gb or whatever it says.

A 64bit OS will let you have hundreds of gigs of RAM, more than you will ever be able to use. Well, i shouldn't say ever i guess. It wasn't so long ago people had 128k of ram.

I appreciate the Info so much that would probably be the reason why my stuff probably hasn't ran as fast as it need's to.
Well Does anyone know of a way i could get a 64-bit with out having to purchase a 64 bit lol

lol if i had a friend like that LMAO!
but i would run linux 64 if it would work with W.o.W.

Thanks for the suggestions though i appreciate it everyone.

I appreciate the Info so much that would probably be the reason why my stuff probably hasn't ran as fast as it need's to.
Well Does anyone know of a way i could get a 64-bit with out having to purchase a 64 bit lol

There is no way to get a 64 Bit OS without having to purchase it. We don't do piracy on this site. Rule #5. Run Linux if you dont want to pay for it.

Your 4 options.

1. Run the system without the RAM and play WoW.
2. Run Linux and dont play WoW.
3. Run Linux and use Wine to play WoW.
4. Run Linux and a VM of Windows to play WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom