OS not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas0496

Banned
I had the same problem with my Gateway a while ago. I just popped in the Recovery CD that came with my system and reinstalled the OS. Maybe give that a try.

I believe with mine there was an option to format the HD before it reinstalled the OS and an option to NOT format the HD before it reinstalled the OS. Make sure you choose NOT to format the HD if you don't want to lose any of your data.

If you can't access your CD to reinstall the OS make sure to go into your bios and verify that you are booting from your CD rom in the boot order. I think the default boot order is A: then C:. You might need to change it to D: then C:.

I'm not all that technical but that's what I had to do when I had the same problem. Good luck!!

First try to make sure that ur hard drive is getting detected. Check for it in the bios.
If it is getting deteceted check if the boot device priority is proper with the hdd on the first place.
If that is ok, go ahead with the recovery.

Do what maverick says, the dont reinstall if nessasary, just repair when you get that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom