OS Installing Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lavenderAC said:
Ok, thanks

I am thinking about partition my first HD into a 1 GB (DOS), and the rest of space for data. On my second HD, I want to install win XP. Now, my question is will I be able to select which OS to boot into when I boot? (MS DOS and XP in this case)

I believe I saw a post about this, and there is a program. you could search the forum or wait for a reply

TheMajor said:
btw; why would you want DOS seperatly installed? you can use DOS-Prompt from your windows start-menu

I need it separte because I need to run some programs such as autocad in DOS

lavenderAC said:
I need it separte because I need to run some programs such as autocad in DOS

So it looks like the easiest thing to me would to put two partions-dos&98 on first drive then load xp and tell it you want it on the other drive

I am having trouble installing DOS. I downloaded DOS 6.22, and created 4 disks. But it won't let me install when I try to boot with Disk 1. I also tried to boot with MS DOS boot disk and setup there, but it tells me to insert Disk 1 and restart. And it just keeps telling me "Non system disk" error after restart.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks

lavenderAC said:
I am having trouble installing DOS. I downloaded DOS 6.22, and created 4 disks. But it won't let me install when I try to boot with Disk 1. I also tried to boot with MS DOS boot disk and setup there, but it tells me to insert Disk 1 and restart. And it just keeps telling me "Non system disk" error after restart.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks

You have to label-DISK 1 and the other three respectively

also I've had to load the boot disk, put in Disk 1 and type setup if Disk 1 won't autoload

derrmc said:
You have to label-DISK 1 and the other three respectively

also I've had to load the boot disk, put in Disk 1 and type setup if Disk 1 won't autoload

Load the disk in windows get properties-label tab-type DISK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom