OS Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, i have been running winxp home edition for the last few years. A problem occurred yesterday after I tried to clean the CPU fans. I didn't unplugged anything, but when i reboot the computer,
winxp would not let me log in. It gives me "cannot operate¡¡Explorer.exe, cannot find file component SHDOCVW.dll, try reinstall to solve the problem" error. Then it just stuck at
the wallpaper. My IE hasn't been working for me for a long time, i¡¡have been using other browser¡¡instead. so, I wanted to format my C drive and reinstall my xp, but I can not get into Dos either. When it¡¡boot to the option page, I can either choose windows or go into C, but if i choose to operate C, it keeps saying "invalid system disk", and there is no floppy or cd in my drives. Are there other ways to boot into C and not win xp? I just need to get in there and format then¡¡reinstall everything. Can I make a floopy boot disk from another computer and use it on this one?
Help plz, thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the help. I managed to reinstall the windows and can log in now. However, I keep getting a strang rundll error.
"C:\program\commonfile\addressbar\cnbabe.dll". I have no idea what the file is for. I can't seem to delete the folder either because it is constantly in usage. Is there anyway I can delete it or fix the problem?

I went to the bootdisk.com. I downloaded winxp prof bootdisk (6 of them). But it does not boot me to C:\ either. What type of bootdisk should I get if i want to go straight to DOS? i would like to format there and reinstall everything. Thanks in advance.

Ok, a win98 can boot me into C:\, but it only detect my D drive. It makes it as its C for some reason. Does anyone knows why?

And is it ok if I install win xp on both drives?

probably because one of your drives has an NTFS filing system. DOS cannot access NTFS and so these volumes are not given a drive letter. since letters are assigned in alphabetic order that is why your D is now C.

to reinstall winXP home or pro use the winXP operating system CD and boot from your cd-rom. if you have a restore CD boot from it and use it to restore your partition image.

That's exactly the reason, thanks. My C drive was NTFS while my D was FAT32.
Anywayz, I was able to reinstall it on D, thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom