Which OS is better: XP Home or XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you using your computer for? Pro has several advantages over Home including group policy, dynamic disks, and most importantly logging into a Windows NT domain. If none of these things are important to you, then Home is the way to go.

beedubaya said:
What are you using your computer for? Pro has several advantages over Home including group policy, remote access, and most importantly logging into a Windows NT domain. If none of these things are important to you, then Home is the way to go.

My sister has home and I have pro and she has the ability to accept or ask to do remote assistance.

you will most likely want to go with XP PRO, the features their are more usefull and more abundant

OIDanTheManIO said:
NEITHER! Go with Windows 2000 Professional.

Windows Server 2003 is pretty cool as well. Alot of people don't like going to the trouble of setting it up properly so it can be used as a desktop O.S but it's worth it.:)

"The outer limits..."

OIDanTheManIO said:
NEITHER! Go with Windows 2000 Professional.
I couldn't agree more, But there are some important WinXP only features, just as there are some WinXP only programs out there... :cool: :cool:

If you need XP Pro, then get XP Pro.

If you are getting the OS for free get Pro. But if you are buying don't buy Pro if you don't need it.

hmm how bout linux :D hehe. well only get pro if u need hte advantages it has over home listed above by i forgot who. but man if u can spend the time to learn it, go to linux, so much better, and free :D. hehe quite complicated tho. i agrre on windows 2000 also, its good. never tried server tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom