Which OS is best OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
win XP pro...but I have said that many-a-time before...ill say it again...

spfd said:
why u getting a ti4200?
who is getting a Ti4200? - If it were me i'd get a Radeon 9200 (because of the cost) but i would REALLY want a Radeon 9800

If it is a PC get Windows XP, but if it is a Mac, it's a battle between the virusless OS-X and the OS-9

kboy said:
Everytime I've done a Windows Upgrade to a new version I got burned. I recommend a clean install (format HD) and go with the full version. Just my 2 cents worth. If it doesn't work out you can always come back here for support free. There's alot of sharp people in here. Good Luck:D
what do you mean "I got burned" anyway?

well kboy you CAN do a full install with an upgrade CD, this is the point we're trying to make.

apokalipse what he meant was that doing an upgrade over a previous operating system, like win98 to win2k, is not as good as doing a fresh install where your drive is formatted and you install everything fresh.

upgrading over a previous OS can cause your system to be unstable. for example when you upgrade the registry becomes filled with old entries from your old operating system. sometimes old settings interfere with the new OS.

other reasons being that some things might not work right, your OS becomes corrupt or unstable, you might end up with old unused files cluttering up your OS partition or even extra files and folders, .......that sort of thing

Apokalipse, what I meant was that the installs never went well or after the install the stability factor was about zero. Like Ek said with leftovers from the previous version. Ek phrased it alot better than I. The " I got Burned" remark is just american slang from the west coast. Sorry about any confusion I might have caused.:eek:

In a perfect world you would have an OS that is a mix of these for these reasons:

Mac OSX - audio/video/image editing
WinXP - games
Linux - security, open source, free software, network of thousands of users making it better every day.

Right now I duel boot from XP Pro to Mandrake 9.1. As soon as I can get HL2 and BF1942 to run in Mandrake (when HL2 comes out anyway) I'll leave windows forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom