OS for Athlon 64 3500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which beta version? You mean Longhorn? It's called a 'Beta' hence means lots of bugs. I recommend just using XP.

I have the same processor.. im gonna stick with XP till the retail version of it comes out.

U should wait until 64 bits window XP come up only it can show the performance of your 64bits cpu. But temporary, just stick on the 32 bits window XP.

hi guys:
Just a quick quesition here. What are the differences between a 32 bits and 64 bits machine?
Are those bits relating to the CPU or memory? What do those bits for?

Gary

Hi figo2476,
32 bit or 64 bit simply means the size of data a processor can handle simultaneously. A 32 bit processor will have 32 data lines and 62 bit processor will have 62 data lines.
Let me give a very simple example.
Suppose u have a 2 bit processor. Now u may know that data in computers is represented as 0 or 1. Now suppose all u have to do using this processor is add numbers. U can add any two numbers provided they are in the range of 0, 1, 2, 3 as only these fours may be represented in binary using 2 bits (0=00, 1=01, 2=10, 3=11). Suppose if u need to add 14 an 12 (14=1110, 12=1100), u will need a 4 bit processor since 12 and 14 cant be represented using 2 bits in binary. They need 4 bits.
Hope that answers ur question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom