Order programs load when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

peano2

Beta member
In Win 2K, is there any way to configure the order that programs load at startup? I'd like the firewall (Zone Alarm) to load before other programs that can access the Internet. Or does the order matter?

Thanks.

For anyone interested, I put this question on ZA's forum and received the following reply:

"Actually your ZA firewall engine (vsmon.exe) is one of the very first services to load in the boot sequence. What you 'see' loading is the Zone Alarm control panel (zlclient.exe) which does load after some other applications. Worry not, you are protected from the getgo."

peano2 said:
For anyone interested, I put this question on ZA's forum and received the following reply:

"Actually your ZA firewall engine (vsmon.exe) is one of the very first services to load in the boot sequence. What you 'see' loading is the Zone Alarm control panel (zlclient.exe) which does load after some other applications. Worry not, you are protected from the getgo."

That what I would have said
zonealarm has this vector thing that protects you even you trurn it it off

Another piece of advice from another forum (which I am following):

"Turn off a broadband modem on startup as u have 3-10 second vulnerability (actually enough for damage) before ZA or any other consumer firewall loads (not a ZA bug, but why they hide or dispute this I don't know)."

Probably a worthwhile precaution no matter what firewall you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom