Opinions on Win7 for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with carnageX, I know quite a few businesses that have switched or are wanting to switch to Win7.

I have Win7 and WinXP both installed on my PC and Win7 is noticibly faster in every application I use. The only reason I have both OS's installed is because the version of AutoCad I use is not compatible with Win7 and I don't feel like paying $4400 for the newest version.

I know many businesses who skipped over Vista but are now upgrading to win7.

I have had no issues with games short of the old starcraft with win7 x64.

Everything runs better, stronger faster.

The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man.JPG

I just re-installed xp pro. after spending some time with w7 pro. For gaming I had some serious issues. I'm running duel boot now and I'm a lot happier.

W7 has nice desktop eye candy, but there are many things about w7 and especially wmp 12 that drive me up the wall. It's a personal choice I guess, but one thing is for sure, it will be a cold day in he.. before the general business community embraces w7. w8 maybe?

I can agree to some degree. Win7 does have issues with games, that are older. Some games such as Starcraft, Diablo and that dont run on Win7 at all.

But any game that was made in the past 4 years i dont know of any that have any issues running on Win7. Those that do are the same ones that had issues running on Vista and that is the fault of the developers not updating the game to operate with the new kernel of the OS. So you cant blame that on Microsoft or Windows. That is the failure of the developers for not updating the game properly.

Sorry to say but Hefe, Slay and Carnage are right. Win7 is very widely accepted by businesses.

Study: Businesses start to embrace Windows 7 - ZDNet

A study done in March shows that there is a very large increase by businesses. 16% already running Win7 as of March and another 42% that say they will have Win7 before the end of 2010. That will be 58% of all businesses running Win7 within the first year of its release. That is by far larger than any % use of any Windows OS before. Including Windows XP.

Well like I said, to use or not to use W7 is a personal choice and it depends a lot on what it's being used for I guess. My printer won't work on w7 (no driver available, neither from canon nor generic) and that's a surprise as it's a common Canon one. Not Microsoft's fault of course and neither is it's their fault that a lot of older games (and plenty of older but still good software too) won't work either, but that's the reality we have to work around. I don't feel like buying a new printer nor replacing some of my older software just yet, so it was a simple choice to run XP pro and W7 pro as a duel boot. I had the same problems and issues when XP first came out (drivers and software not working ). Took awhile to gradually move over from 98se to xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom