Opinions on Win7 for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
So its been long enough since 7 hit, and I would seriously like to hear from the gamers that have been using it for a while.
Are you satisfied with how it works while gaming?
What are the real problems?
What OS would you rather use (or did you switch back too) and why?

I game some, but from an XP machine. I build systems and get questions about Win7 for gaming. I really dont use it enough to form my own opinions, and since Ive never gotten anything but the best (honest, real user) information here, I finally decided to ask you guys.

Thanks for your input, it will help a lot more than you know.

Pokernod.

Haven't had any problems with my games. You should only really have problems with older games.

Are you guys using 32bit or 64bit.
I used to use 64bit Win7, but the compatibility issues killed it for me. Is it any better now? Im actually thinking of putting it back on my computer.

There is no difference between using 32 Bit or 64 Bit. If the program works on the 32 Bit version of Win7, it will work on the 64 Bit version as well. So you must have been using programs that were not compatible with the OS at all. That is not to be blamed on the 64 Bit version.

I am using the same exact programs now that i was using on XP 32 Bit. Some have had updates to them to allow them to work. Simply put read teh Win7 FAQ thread's first page. I give so much information on how to find out if a program will work or not. I even give a link to a site to search every program you use. Microsoft worked with the developers to create that site.

I just re-installed xp pro. after spending some time with w7 pro. For gaming I had some serious issues. I'm running duel boot now and I'm a lot happier.

W7 has nice desktop eye candy, but there are many things about w7 and especially wmp 12 that drive me up the wall. It's a personal choice I guess, but one thing is for sure, it will be a cold day in he.. before the general business community embraces w7. w8 maybe?

I just re-installed xp pro. after spending some time with w7 pro. For gaming I had some serious issues. I'm running duel boot now and I'm a lot happier.

W7 has nice desktop eye candy, but there are many things about w7 and especially wmp 12 that drive me up the wall. It's a personal choice I guess, but one thing is for sure, it will be a cold day in he.. before the general business community embraces w7. w8 maybe?

A lot of businesses already are/or already have switched over to W7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom