Operating Systems Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sessions

Beta member
Okay I'm stumped on this. I have an hp laptop that my teacher gave me to install window xp on to it. So I installed it and and when I restarted the computer it said that there was no operating system on the computer.
So I decided to run Ubuntu's Live CD on it and tried to install it and it installed to but after I restarted the computer I got the same message and both times I get it, it just blinks it doesn't stay up.
then I loaded up the live version of Ubuntu again and I looked at the hard drive and I found that both of the operating systems are on there, but why can neither of them load up? I need help for once.

and other information:
It is a new hard drive from best buy and I do plan on calling them about it if I cannot find a solution.

check your bios to make sure its booting from the hard drive which it sounds like its not. Seems like all boot options are set to boot from the cd drive, floppy, etc and not the hard drive

I thank you so effing much for this I don't know why I didn't think of that. I have been in the BIOS looking for an issue like that but passed right over it and I don't know why normally that's the first thing I check, how could I be so blind.

but anyway I thank you very much I now have it up and running :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom