Operating system comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
Which of these operating systems are better?

1. Bootlegged XP Pro SP1
2. Real (payed for) XP Home with SP2 integrated

bootleg = shit no updates, cannot visit MS.com, MS Update, SP1 (eek)
XP = good, stable, no restrictions, updates, legal

you can get updates with a bootlegged copy actually very easily all it takes is a little javascript command and its cake from there..

You can get updates/hotfixes with bootlegged versions without any command or something. At least with the Dutch version.

The Major I'm sure MS enforces it's anti piracy on all versions. homer that will only work for so long thats been known for awhile and probably doesn't even work anymore.

I think the biggest thing to think about is are you willing to pay the fine and jail time? I know in america, it's some where around a quarter to a half million for every infraction (USD). That doesn't include jail time, and it's a federal offense.

We have all used some form of pirated software, and I like many others absolutly despise microsoft, but right now, the law is that it's illegal, and for no other reason, you should be respecting your government and her laws.

Besides, if you use pirated software, you will be caught, plain and simple.

Alternatively, I choose to use as much non-MS software as humanly possible while still maintaining useability. Thats OpenOffice.org, AVG, Mozilla, so on and so forth.

Also, if you are looking for an absolutly free OS, try Linux. Very much like microsoft, not as many viruses or spyware. Great for "developers", you can tweak the OS to your hearts desire. The OS could also stand for Open Source - that was a funny :D. and best of all, it is legally free!!!

i have illigal copy (cd) of windows xp pro with sp2, my country sells illigal cds for less than half dollar, not just windows, u can get any illigal games or programs in my country. my country doesn't protect copy rights

and sorry for my english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom