OpenOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would assume that emachine has a restore cd/dvd... if so, then the word and everything is on there, they don't give you free software :|

oh great, another religious war..
i wouldn't judge a software by how popular it is.. i would say OpenOffice and word is on par, though i have deeply involved with either of them... However, i do think most people who use word/openoffice hasn't deeply involved with any either, as basic editing can be done on anything.. once MS releases word format (open up the format), you will see a surge in openoffice adoption, as compatibility is a key to giving free software power :D

Re: Re: OpenOffice

macdude425 said:
Say WHAT?

I disagree that M$ Office is better than OpenOffice; it pisses me off more often than not.

That's how I judge most software :D

They tried doing the switch at my work place. I told the general manager I was resigning from doing all of the company's spreadsheets until I got Excel back. Next day it was back :D

macdude425 said:
That's just wrong. I would refuse to do it unless allowed to use OpenOffice.

I know some guys who tried to do that, and if someone had said what you had said to them, they would find someone else to do the spreadsheets.

When you use Excel for years and years, which I have, and I can whip out spreadsheets faster than anyone in this building, they didn't have much of a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom