OpenOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserBasara

Baseband Member
Awhile ago I unisntalled Microsoft Office and Word for OpenOffice. I thought Open Source stuff was better than Windows software (which may or may not be true). Now I regret it. My brothers and sisters like Word better. I can't find the disk that had Word on it. None of them say "This has microsoft office" for my dell or emachines

My college uses Word and I'm afraid if I brought an openoffice document to the college it would get screwed up

Do you think I should keep OpenOffice?

Yes, it the options make it so its compadible with MS office, .doc is what you want not whateva OpenOffice is

Microsoft Office is much better than Open Office. Open Office is a good alternative since it's free but since you already paid for Microsoft Office you should continue using the better product.

Do you think I can get back Word with my windows xp installation disc for my Dell and emachine, and not have to reinstall windows xp?

I dont remember if my emachine had word

Open Office is fully compatible with Word, it can read word documents, it can write them, it can create them. Same for excel. The only thing I am unsure open office can do is PowerPoint. If you still have the product key, then can M$ and say your Cds got damaged or some other excuse, and ask them for new disks. Or, (I am ASSUMING you have a legitimate product key), you could borrow discs of the same version (ie Office 2003) and go about it that way. If you like office better, then use it. But in a few years when you need to upgrade your office suite, seriously consider OO instead $350-$500 is worth a lot of minor bugs in an office app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom