Opening Binary Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlirtyNerd

Solid State Member
I've been trying to find the driver for a TS-H492A TB03, and finally found it in the form of a binary file. Burning it isn't really an option at the moment, seeing as that's the entire reason for finding the drivers... I am having a lot of trouble figuring this out, and I'm not quite sure what exactly I'm not grasping. Sorta need help with this ASAP.

You would need special software like ISOBuster or PowerISO. Even then you still might not be able to do it as the .bin files are coupled with .cue files to make up a full image. You will be better off finding a better source for the driver. I would not trust anything but the manufacturer's site as it could easily be accompanied by spyware or other infections.

I was under the impression you could make your own .cue file to couple with a .bin?

Either way, I just found a zip file for the same. It brings up a box for me to put my drive/model name, etc in, but when I click download it says "Flash File Not Opened!!" What does this mean?

Thanks! I figured out my problem. I downloaded a more reliable file from Samsung Firmwares & Drivers to couple with my flash. I ran SFDNWIN, clicked on the folder icon in the top left hand corner, selected the new .bin file, and SFDNWIN filled in the rest of the information, I hit download, restarted my PC and now it's working just fine. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom