Open office 3.0 fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
So I want to add a couple of fonts to my Open office writer so I installed them on my windows directory and yet Open office isn't detecting them (letting me use them). I have 140 fonts in my windows directory and only around 30 in Open Office.

There doesn't seem to be a font directory within Open offices own files like there was in older versions nor in the shared files user directory. Been googling to not much prevail, so if anyone has a clue.

Just properly closed open office incl the taskbar quick launch and it worked but how come I don't get all 140 and only 35 show up?

Maybe OO doenst have support for all of those fonts? Maybe being open source it doesnt have support for TrueType Fonts since those are mainly fonts used in Windows. So being Open Source and used on other platforms they dont have support for these types?

I like the idea Mak but from what I read OO can read all fonts and use all fonts even the new Microsoft office ones provided they are installed can be read, used and edited.

Have you double check the C:\Windows\Fonts directory to make sure they are listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom