Open IE and MSN logs out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will wager to guess that you have all the updates and everything. So do you have anything like Plus! for Messenger or APatch running with Messenger? Are those up to date? Do you have anything like the Bing Bar installed that could be set to log you into a different account than what you use with WLM?

Nope, run 0 add ons. And Yes i am up to date. I'm the only one who uses my computer, so theres no other things unknowningly added.

Whats weird is it seems to happen in the late evening. As right now, its not doing it, but last night, everytime I opened IE i'd get logged out. Also its not a consistant thing either, as it hadn't done it in a few weeks.

Is it possible, my connection gets bogged down some how, and msn is timing out? As when I load IE, it'll be blank for a couple seconds, load, the 3 secs later I get a "You've been logged out...." message.

I've run avast and malwarebytes, both clean.. And no one has any spam from me, so I'm assuming it's not malware, anhd more of an IE - msn issue/conflict.

AFAIK, IE and MSN have been separated. More so now than ever before due to MSN going to WLM and that MSN Messenger being fully replaced by WLM. This is true for Vista/Win7 but not so much for XP. I dont fully remember which version of Windows you run. So you still might have the IE/MSN tie in.

I do know that once in a while when i load IE my MSN signs out, but that is due to a lag with my internet not cause i was opening IE. Sadly i have not tested recently due to using the IE9 preview more than IE8. I will try again and see what happens.

I'm on Vista home x64 with my laptop.

Its weird, and I'm sorta paranoid my msn is getting hyjacked for evil doings... Well more evil than what I do with it.

Thanks Mak.

Well i just tried starting IE8 right now. Both my WLM accounts are still signed on and active. At best what i would do is go to the Answer site. See if you can find anything out about such things from other people who might share the same issue.

Honestly i would just chalk it up to the WLM Service. They are in the process of releasing a new "Wave" of the software and they are going through some batch testing at random times. So it could easily be that they are running tests on the servers with the new build and it is causing server issues. It was very similar when they were on MSN 9 and started the WLM10 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom