Open Folders in START Menu...fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlewp

Baseband Member
Really missing the ability to open any folder with right-click from Start Menu. Now have to open Windows Explorer and locate folder to view its contents. Dealt with this for weeks, then decided to use Restore to go back one month. Very annoying to have to modify Start Menu again, and reinstall some programs, and create shortcuts again. But , Open function worked again from Start Menu.....for 2 days !! Mysteriously quit again. No Tweak program refers to this option, and why turn it off anyway if it were offered? Any ideas ??

check admin options (depending on o/s version). go into windows explorer, click file, start menu, properties and then goto security and see what the permissions are set to.

Re:above 2 posts....I get the usual menu which includes "Open" and "Explore". I can select either of them , and nothing happens at all.
Checked Security and Sharing. I see nothing there that applies to opening folders within the Start Menu. Anything in the registry perhaps to check on?

Ah, Tweak UI.... you using that??? It's known to turn off the rt click start options. Open the Tweak UI control panel. Click the My Computer tab. Every disk drive letter you see listed in that window should have a check mark beside it. Scroll through and place a check mark in every empty box and then click the OK button. Reboot your computer, and when you right-click your Start button, you should find the Open and Explore menu items fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom