open with

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode8power

Baseband Member
is there a way to remove a program for the Open With menu? if u dont know what i mean, heres a pic

you want to remove a program from the list of options???
that is associated whit all programs installed on your pc. if you want to remove it, the best/only way is to un install the program do a search for all files associated with that program and delete all registry settings and values for that applications

It's a recommened-slash-frequent list. Windows will recommend programs based on their registered ability to open files. Windows will also list a couple of the ones you previously have used for similar files. To my knowledge, there's no way to control it, as that would defeat the functionality and be a waste of your time. Just use the "Choose Program" option.

you open my computer, head to tools, folder options. click on the file type tab. you will to find your extension. then delete it. then click new. put that file extension back on. now choose "open with" . pick your program to open it with

EricB - you open my computer, head to tools, folder options. click on the file type tab. you will to find your extension. then delete it. then click new. put that file extension back on. now choose "open with" . pick your porgram to open it with
That's only if you want to perminantly associate a file type with an application, and is not a replacement for the right-click-menu option of "Open-With" since that is not what that is there for.

The "Open With" command from the RC-menu is meant to give you the option of opening the file with a program other than what is set by default. This is useful if you have multiple graphics programs, sound programs, video programs, etc, since you may not always want to open your images/movies/sounds/etc with the same app all the time.

The folder-options method changes the default of that file so that the icon, functionality, and application started by that file, is changed perminantly. This is often messy and not usually recommended. Proceed with planning... :)

it works. if he want to associate the other 3 programs with it, beside the one you get doing it this way, you simple right click it, choose "open with" pick another program. then repeat this process again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom