Oooops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudcapt

Beta member
Ok guys, I have a buddy who while trying to upgrade his windos 7 os, accidently performed a clean install consequently losing all his files, installed programs, etc. Understanding this is what one could expect to happen, this is not an area I fully understand, how would I go about attempting to recover his old files from the previous os.....if at all possible?

Re: OOOOPS!!!

Sadly you wont be able to recover the programs installed. But with some luck you might be able to recover some files. Your best option is to get Recuva and run that on the machine. It should be noted right now that there should be no program installs other than Recvua at this point if he wishes to recover the most data possible. It is also possible that not all the files or none of the files could be recovered as well.

A hard drive is like a dry erase board. Once you "format" or erase the data off of there, when new information is put on is when that data is gone for good. So in order for there to be a possiblity of recovery there has to be some luck that the new Windows install didnt over write the areas where these files were stored and that none of the new stuff installed went there either. Get Recuva ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom