online videos freezing when full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
i used to be able to watch online videos , metacafe , youtube ect. videos IN FULL SCREEN mode just fine. lately when ever i switch to full screen the video goes for anywhere between 5-20 second then the video freezes but i still hear the sound. if i exit full screen mode the movie begins playing fine. This is only for online movies and video clips. Divx , Mpg and so on run just fine in windows media ,powerdvd.

P4 C2D E6600
Ati X1900xtx
4gb DDR 800
75gb WD raptor
Windows Xp SP2 will current updates

First, get SP3. Then try to defrag you HDD, and/or get a reg cleaner. It could also be your internet connection is slow. Try clearing cookies and browser history, etc. It looks like you have plenty of RAM, but your card is pretty old, 3 yrs? And just to be clear, you say that playing video from any other source is fine in full screen?

yes. its only online videos in IE and firefox. they play fine , but once i hit full screen mode is when they freeze, sound continues but picture stops , then it goes back to playing when i exit full screen. My card may be 3yrs old but still runs everything great. fallout3 farcry no problem. My internet connection isnt slow , comcast 2mb/sec not Mbit but megabyte

yes. its only online videos in IE and firefox. they play fine , but once i hit full screen mode is when they freeze, sound continues but picture stops , then it goes back to playing when i exit full screen. My card may be 3yrs old but still runs everything great. fallout3 farcry no problem. My internet connection isnt slow , comcast 2mb/sec not Mbit but megabyte

The problem with video cards, and any hardware for that matter, is that they don't always just "die". They can start to do little things that just seem like a nuisance at first and then start to f*** up your whole system.
I will research some diagnostic software for video/graphic cards and post what I find here. If anyone else knows of one, go ahead...

ive had this problem before. i reload windows 2-3 a year. sometimes i'll never have the problem until after a reload then a couple weeks later it will do it. never found the out why.

but why would it ONLY freeze for imbedded videos on websites ? and not for any other movie format in WMP and powerdvd

hi you could try installing codecs klite or vista codecs dont use a reg cleaner it can do more harm than good see if there is an update for your cards driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom