OneNote 2007 notebook problem

xaverkahl

Beta member
I need help in 'fixing' a OneNote 2007 notebook that was migrated to OneNote2010 and it messed everything up. (Up to 6 copies of each page) I fixed it all myself on my local machine, but as soon as it "Sync'd" with OneDrive, it reverted to the corrupted copy. I'm happy to pay someone to help me, but I need to make sure that the person who answers fully understands OneNote 2007, OneNote 2010 AND OneDrive.

I need help in 'fixing' a OneNote 2007 notebook that was migrated to OneNote2010 and it messed everything up. (Up to 6 copies of each page) I fixed it all myself on my local machine, but as soon as it "Sync'd" with OneDrive, it reverted to the corrupted copy.

Your problem relies in completely removing office 2007 of any version.
You will need to verify office 2007 is gone by checking your programs folder and in add/remove programs found in control panel.
Be sure to add office 2010 with the current one note it has.
Be sure to read the link provided so you may know how one drive settings work and it will sync up properly with 2010.

Introducing Windows 8.1: How to Configure OneDrive Using PC Settings

Tech Tip: Rebuilding SkyDrive/OneDrive Cache to Fix Sync Issues - Weston Technology Solutions Blog | Weston Technology Solutions

In three steps you may get back your OneNote file, if without success make use another variant of restoration https://onenote.recoverytoolbox.com/ Recovery Toolbox for OneNote

Step 1
Click the "File" tab above the OneNote ribbon. Select “Info” on the menu and click the "Open Backups" icon in the right panel of the Info section. The software opens Windows Explorer and displays the names of notebook backups stored on your computer. In detail view, this list also shows the date of the last backup for each notebook.
Step 2
Place your cursor on the name of the notebook that you want to restore and click "Open" in the dialog box to choose the entire notebook. After OneNote retrieves the notebook and its sections, you will see the notebook's name in the OneNote sidebar.
Step 3
Restore a section within a notebook by clicking on the name of the folder that contains the section that you want to restore. After the folder opens, scroll through the list of section names to find the one you need. Highlight the section name before you press "Open" in the dialog box. OneNote places the section in its original notebook. To restore several sections, hold the "CTRL" key and highlight each section name to add it to your selections.

Back
Top Bottom