One Website Continually Crashes My Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshphreak

Beta member
Whenever I visit www.deviantart.com it will load up most of the page fine but then it will suddenly stop, the window will freeze and then stop responding so i have to end task it. This only started happening in the past week and I have visited it many times before with no problems whatsoever. Can anyone see anything on the page that may cause IE to lock up that window?

Thanks
Dave

go to internet options, then press delete cookies, then delete files. (do it with the box check and without it checked). that might make a difference.

After trying Yasher's suggestion, have you tried loading the website with other browsers? Firefox is a nice one if you need suggestions :cool:.

you also might want to set the default setting for your browser. go to internet options again but this time click on the advanced tab. then towards the bottom click restore defaults. it might help because we don't know what the exact problem is.

Tells me it can not be disblayed and i could not view the source. It is probably a script they have put on their site is conflictin with your browser in which case u cant do anything about it.

RAM?

Try what Yahsar said about setting defaults to your browser, sometimes the settings can conflict with certain sites.

I think it is a combination of the following:

First off you need to delete all your cookies and offline files for the browser, and set it to keep these files for about two to three days, you don't what them saving for the default, which I think is something like 20 days.

Next set ur browser settings back to default.

Now go to microsoft.com and update your windows, you may need service pack 1 or whatever the latest service pack out is right now. You may need IE 6 with that service pack. But go ahead and update all the windows updates on microsoft.com, only the ones you think you need, which will be all the crittical, and all the drivers, only some of the windows ones you will need, (e.g. multi language updates, you won't need these.)

Now, the last thing you need to consider is you RAM. How much do you have?? I am on a laptop with wireless internet hookup and running 11 mbps for the internet, and the site you can't get to work loaded completely in about two seconds, that is fast for my wireless hookup, which makes me think you are lacking RAM to run efficiently on this site.

HOW MUCH RAM ARE YOU RUNNING? this may be the problem.

Tell us how much ram you have, maybe that is it, hope this helps,

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom