Which one to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPaws

Baseband Member
Hey im building a new gaming rig and i don't know which OS to use. I want to play FPS's mainly.
And which vista should i get?
Or should i even get vista?
Oh and i guess i should tell you what my hardware will be. ;)
8800gt 512
4g ram
q6600

Recommendations?
ps. i have keys for XP home and XP professional, but no CD's.

Ok, i already have a key for xp pro. Is there a way for me to use that and save some money?

You can try downloading it, but that's illegal. The best way is to try and find a friend with the cd, and tell him that you just want to use it for the files and NOT the cd key. Otherwise he won't want to let you borrow it if you ask to use his cd key too.

You can try downloading it, but that's illegal. The best way is to try and find a friend with the cd, and tell him that you just want to use it for the files and NOT the cd key. Otherwise he won't want to let you borrow it if you ask to use his cd key too.
Actually it isnt illegal to download just the CD. It is illegal to use another persons serial. But if you have a serial already it is completely legal to download another copy of the CD.

Ok cool thanks.

Will it matter if his CD is SP2 or something?
It might. I know that some of the old XP serials dont always work with the discs that are made for SP2. So depending on how old your serial is you might have a hard time. But it is unlikely. It will matter if you have a corporate or enterprise or N based serial though.

If i install XP with my key, can i then use a purchased 'upgrade version' of vista and save money? or are the builders versions cheaper?
And which vista should i use, if i go that path?

Also, im still confused as to wether vista would improve performance? And will i need it for upcoming games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom