One unread mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user1

Solid State Member
I could probably google this little error, but i know you guys will save me the heart ache and trouble, and its also teaching whoever read it eh ^^

Well.... on my windows login screen, it says i have one unread mail message. I don't have any unread mail at all. I'm using microsoft outlook, and have even checked express to see if there is any mail in there, incase xp is picking that up. I read somewhere that if i leave it for a few months it will disappear lol, only i would prefer to fix it soonest .

Thanks in advance to any one who can help me with this one.

Ben.

Remove Unread Email Count from the Windows XP Login Screen

For All Users:

Go to Start and select run, in the run box type Regedit and click ok. Once Regedit has started navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

Once there Create a new DWORD (Right click in right hand pane, New>DWORD) called MessageExpiryDays

Double click the DWORD MessageExpireyDays you just created and be sure the value is set to 0 (should be the default value if this is a new DWORD). If you only wish to make a change to your own user edit this registry key instead HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom