One or more wireless networks available... Shouldnt be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
At work, we have a very large wireless network. WEP encryption was enabled, but due to the amount of problems occuring because of it, we had to remove it and implement another security measure. That is not the problem. Some laptops that come down to be serviced, that have wireless accesss, cannot log onto the network. this seems to be only ones with Windows XP. Now when we configure it all and run through all the crap, we get the baloon at the bottom right corner saying "One or more wireless networks available" Thats all well and good, when the balloon is clicked it shows the ONE wireless network, with a checkbox at the bottom saying "Allow me to connect to the selected network even though it is not secure" So we click the box, and then click connect. Seconds later, the same balloon comes up saying the same thing. Regartdless of how many times we repeat this procedure, we come up with thge same outcome each time. It's a vicious cycle. This is not only on one laptop, but happens on a great percentage of them. Drivers have been reloaded, SSID is correct, channel, all that good stuff. Yet this keeps happening and it is forbiding the computer from connecting to the network. I have searched Microsoft's knowledge base but to no avail. Any solutions? If you need more info, just tell me and I will post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom