one CDkey, two XP disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
my problem is basically that my xp disk is fooked. so i borrowed a friends, but my CD key wouldnt work on his copy, his disk was service pack 2 as well but mine was just basic xp.

so we used his key to install the O/S and now we cant change it to mine.

we;ve tried going through the authentication and the "change by phone number updation". but it didnt work is there anyway just to force it to accept my key so i can validate?

info: his disk had XP pro SP2 mine was just XP pro and also my copy is from a school i work at so its one of those multi-workstation ones, and his disk copy was for home use

it only validates once i think. im not sure. but even still, its his copy and althought if anything he does more...morally questionable things with his xp. i would rather not validate his

What?? Morally questionable things? Nobody can trace it back to a certain XP key. You can validate it more than once and it doesn't even matter.

What?? Morally questionable things? Nobody can trace it back to a certain XP key. You can validate it more than once and it doesn't even matter.

Hello. You can't activate more than one copy of Windows XP on different machines with the same product key.

he says he'd have to reinstall xp himself or something, either way its a no go. so i need a fix

Unfortunately, you can't validate a copy of Windows XP SP2 with a non SP2 product key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom