Once again vista won't let me remove Read Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPine

Beta member
Vista's got great documentation no? Anyways, since I'm a software dev (for Lua) I need access to some of the file and folders in the Program Files dir. Now the fact that I'm an admin doesn't seem to bother windows as it keeps reverting the file attributes on folders and files, this makes using an automated SVN a *****.
Any ideas? I read somewhere that I needed to add myself as the object's owner, if that is correct then either I did it wrong or I screwed up somewhere (which amounts to the same thing).

Gee patience is one of your virtues. So let me state this. If you are using the account that is created upon install of VIsta you ARE NOT the admin account. You have some admin rights but as you see by the problems you are having and the fact that the UAC bugs you still. You do not and are not using the Admin account.

Read the pinned topic about page 56 or so for the way to unlock the Admin account. As for your problems...i have already given the directions on how to access the ownership of files. Do a search. Since you are so nice i want to help.

The Vista topic pinned at the top should have the Vista Admin acocunt. As for the Owner files let me think if i can remember the exact process.

Right click>Properties>owner>edit

From there you will have to click Advance>then select accountOkay. You should recieve a prompt about something here. The click Okay to get back to teh begining. Then you should be able to edit the file.

This is all from memory and could be wrong. I am not currently in Vista as i haev to format and fresh install to test SP1. So i can not verify it for at elast another day or so.

Ok, tell me when you get back, I tried something similar to this but it didn't work.

Alright i just got Vista installed so i am gonna write up that guide. I will see if the mods will pin it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom