Omnibook screen shutdown at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeRifle

Beta member
Hello. More trouble with my roomate's OmniBook.

It seems that when the power button is pressed, the computer starts up, runs through the Omnibook screen, gives access to Setup, even allows for the F8 press to give options to start in safe mode, use last good configuration, etc.

Any attempt to go beyond this, however, causes the screen to shut off. I tried starting in Safe Mode, using the Last Good config, and starting it normally, and it seems right around the time it would be showing the Windows XP logo, the screen goes blank. And it seems to me from the image quality that it is not showing me a blank screen, but the screen is actually off. This strikes me as odd, considering how it works during the rest of startup.

The computer still sounds as if it is working, and the lights indicate that it is still on and operational. Like, the system is booting normally but I just can't see it. Of this, though, I am unsure.

Any help, ideas, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Edit-unplugged all the cables and let it sit for a bit, and it started fine. Who knows if this will continue however, so if this strikes someone as indicative of a larger problem, let me know. Otherwise, never mind, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom