OMG! XP-SP2 is SKYNET!!! AHHHH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
Just for kicks, I have XP-Pro running on a machine that in no rights should be having such an advanced OS running on it. Then, to further the torture, I let it upgrade to SP2.

Now SP2 is a wonderful little update with some nice security features, with a decent firewall setup. However, in this case, what SP2's security did to the machine was as hilarious as it was unusual.

First, it told me that Norton shouldn't be allowed to access my computer.

Next it said the computer was "unsecure" and proceeded to block all ports for the internet, in and out!

Then, it rampaged through the system disconnecting the sound card's software integration, and applying security to several previously protected folders to such a degree that only the top administrator could find them.

Lastly, it prompted us that the system had encountered a "Connectivity Violation," stated that Windows needed to fix the problem, and proceeded to disconnect the keyboard.

All I could think of was the Terminator movies and SKYNET.

Oh well...poor lil' Frankie was finally (this morning) disemboweled and put away for good. We've tortured that little PII200 enough. His SKYNET-infected hardware will be amusingly microwaved till it can do no more harm (except to the microwave) and remain in peace.

;)

haha, that's great. i'd experiment a little more on it, just for fun!!!

gotta love those Microsoft products..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom