ole32.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
Got a Win98 system that is erroring out when any program tries to load. No errors until antivirus software starts to load on boot and errors on any program that is executed after that.

Says that the program has performed an illegal operation and gives the ole32.dll file as the root of the problem.

Anything I can do to get this sytem back up?

Actually it wound up being a Windows problem that occurred when any program tried to load. The error on the Virus program was mentioned because it's the first program to load on boot.

I was able to get around this by doing a registry rollback. Had to reinstall a couple of programs, but it's doing better now.

My problem now is that the machine will not access the internet. It is visible on the network, can be browsed remotely and can browse the network itself....I just can't get onilne.

Any suggestions there? Again, using Win98

Remove both TCP/IP n' Netbuei Protocols n' reinstall them again after a restart ...

This should solve the issue.

I've removed all network protocols, plus the NIC drivers and reinstalled them all. No dice.

I'm also unable to use a network printer from that machine. Still am able to "see" all network resources though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom