older modem drivers work for current modem in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
hi, i have an aztech industries or someothing 3880-U or -W modem, i can't find linux drivers for it, i looked on driverguide.com and found modem drivers for a 2800 modem for linux, what are the chances of this driver recognizing my modem in linux?

not a chance, i never got mine to work, i think you need to give up. Stick with ethernet and broadband mate. You can keep trying but i doubt you get anywhere, sorry to be horrible but i dont see any chance at all, (because of personal experiences with linux and old modems. :)

How old is the modem?? I have an old atztech from about 7 years ago and i know i could never get that work with linux.

well yea i believe u but you'd think the 2800 would come before the 3880, and the 3880 was 3 years old about..2 or 3 months ago i think...thats how old the computer is and the modem came with the computer.. i dunno well thanks anyway i have another modem but i dont even have windows drivers for that so thats almost useless.

i've tried, in my version it still comes up as new hardware and i dont think it could find drivers.

Use the windows update feature and see if it finds drivers for it... it almost cirtainly does for mine.

v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Same here, working on 2 months for my modem to work on linux. I use a pctel HSP 56 modem. Got the drivers ,but it never worked!

If anyone lucky with the pctel hsp 56 - fedora core 1 setup ,please post a reply.!

thanks

Sign
Intercodes

does MS still offer support for windows update on win 2k pro?

and thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom