Old school Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.

air_man_woody

Baseband Member
I just bought Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. I have having problems running this on my computer with Win XP Pro. Everytime I try to run the game, the screen goes blank for a second then kicks me out to my desktop again and again and again. I set the compatibility to run in Win 95 mode in 256 colors, 640x480 resolution and disabled visual themes. Then I tried to run it again. To my surprise, it ran for a few mintutes and just when I got to the main game menu, it kicked out to my desktop again and again and again. Please, someone help me!!! LOL I've exhausted my knowledge of this issue. We can't let the love for the old school of Star wars greatness end in such a tragedy!!! Please don't tell me I spent $6 for nothing!!! LOL

Attachments

• 2.bmp
    21.2 KB · Views: 74
Which version of DirectX are we using and does ur satisfy all the minimum requirements...could you mention the requirements please

The game requires DirectX5.0 or higher, Pentium 90 or faster, 16MB RAM, Windows 95 or 98, "PCI graphics card required, also supports most major 3D accelerator cards" (keep in mind this is back in 1997), 16 bit sound, and 2X CD-ROM. I am running an AMD Athlon XP 2100 (Palomino), 1024MB PC2100 DDR, at least DirectX8.1, Windows XP Pro, Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum, PNY GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and a Plextor CD burner. I think I may have DirectX9.0b but I am not totally sure. I don't see the reason why I can't play this game?!?! The readme says I might have trouble running this game if my desktop is set to run 32-bit color, but it also said 16-bit or 256 is fine, so Win XP Pro only lets you choose 16-bit. It will run for a few minutes when I change this, but ultimately it crashes in under 2 or 3 minutes, like when it changes from a cutscene to actual gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom