Oh No!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. here we go. Just remember I'm not too familiar with the older stuff so please dumb down the answers a bit.

I was told it's not this exact computer because I had nothing for L2 but this is the same as much as I can see except that. http://www.zymos.ca/products/dfi/dfi8120.htm

I'm guessing it originally came with a removable floppy but I'm not positive. I don't have a floppy though. It has a removable CD-ROM which was working up till last night when I used killdisk which zero'd out the hard drive. So basically it left me with a blank hard drive, the cd-rom will spin but not read, and I have no floppy drive or USB ports. I have tried loading Win 98 but I don't think it's a bootable disk anyways. I also tried using Win. 2000

So, 2 scenarios have happened.
When I start up it just goes past the part in which you can hit F2 and if I don't it just says "no operating system found"

#2 If I hit F2 to go into BIOS, I have tried to change back to default settings and other setting options. Also, with the boot sequence, there is only 3 choices.
A: Only
C: Only
A: then C:

I can't connect a newer floppy drive because they are USB and I don't have port and plus I'd have to load software.
I don't even know how I would be able to install any drivers onto the computer since I don't have a working CD-ROM on it and no operating system.

What about connecting the computer to one of my other computers which are HP Pavilion L2000 or HP Pavilion ZT1175? I could get an external floppy drive for it and a cable???? IS this possible? If so, how would I boot it and if I could what would I do then?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help!!

I hope this information is what you needed. Please let me know if you need any other information

Thanks again!

Thanks for the PM now I know there is a CD driver missing. This brings back alot of painfull memories.

All we need to do is get you a driver that works for your CD this leaves two problems

A.) finding the correct CD driver
B.) Loading it onto your computer

First lets find the driver that website will not do all it says is 10x CD ROM we need to find. The following info

A.) The computer manufacturers homepage
B.) Your system model I bought and old Vaio and the model is "PCV-RX860" 4 years ago your model should be a combination of numbers and letters also.

I'll do some searching but I want you to search also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom