oh crap 911 Lost of Files in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
hey everyone , problem, i just lost all my links in my adress bar. U know, the one where it shows the history of ur links.. Anyone know how i can get it back?

It was likely to have been removed by "disk cleanup". Unfortunately, I do not think you can retreive these files once deleted.

Sorry.

Pyss off on Firefox...

The problem isn't that he's using IE.

The problem is that he's deleted his history.

Windows doesn't delete the history without user-directive first. In other words, he told Windows to delete the history from IE. It's his own fault if it's gone (which it is, btw).

There are only a couple ways to remove the history from IE. You can delete it by command in the Options dialog. You can use Disk-Cleanup to clear it away. You can have it set to automatically delete old history after a ceterain length of time. And you can fk around with the registry and remove the history that way. You can also delete the history from within the user's profile directory.

If this happened because of a disk-cleanup proceedure, the dialog provides several ways of finding out exactly what you're getting rid of (namely the "Details" button right on the dialog box).

In short, this is not application error, this is user error.

There's no real way to get the history back once it's gone.

No, you need to run DiskCleanup once in a while (about once a month).

Use your Favorites to bookmark sites you want to visit frequently. That's what your Favorites are for. Your History file isn't meant to be a long-term active tool. It's really only meant to be used for one or two day auditing of sites visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom