Oh crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech79

Beta member
I just used regcleaner to clean out some files but it cleaned out alot more than that.All my shortcuts look the same now and when i click on any of them it says "windows cannot open this file,to open this file,windows needs to know the program that created it.I can either click on use the web to find the appropriate program or select the program from a list.I tried selecting the program from a list but then alot of my shortcuts turn into shortcuts for the same program.This is the weirdest thing that i have done to my computer so far

just undo the regclean file....it happened to me before with this program. im using easycleaner from toniarts...and i just delete entries that are non existent..

Is it possible to undo the regclean file if i deleted the program?I did it right after i saw what i did so i wouldnt do it again later

oh no!!!!..check if the program folder is still there...

if its still there,..then you can just reinstall regcleaner and click on the regclean undo file.

try to search for any traces of the program..

if nothing turns up...then do what i did....

i formatted my HD, reinstalled everything

oh crap.its not there and i dont want to loose all the movies i got on my computer.i guess ill have to live with this

well,..you can still save those movie files (i think),..have them backed up before you reinstall..

do you have your hd partitioned? you can just move those files to the other partition, before you format c.

do you have an extended partition?

its like having 2 drive with just one physical drive,..but now that you've asked..i think you only have one partition, and thats c:

just save your files before formatting and reinstalling the OS

do you think just reinstalling Windows without formatting would fix it; uninstall then reinstall because sometimes when you then reinstall over a program with the same thing it doesnt change the settings

hmmm....i'm not sure, but i know you can't do it in xp,..not sure if you can do it in 98 or ME,...but those OSes are jurassic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom